I slow Venice!
Water, stones and voices of an inhabited city
We introduce you an unusual itinerary, an alternative route away from the tourist masses, traced on the everyday life of who lives in the city of Venice.
Passing through narrow roads, fields and gardens, you will discover plants and animals who have learnt to adapt to the circumstances. You will feel the smell of saltwater on your skin, see the water how it ripples to the wind of the Scirocco or the Bora, you’ll be able to admire the lights and shadows on the windows of this thousand-year-old city, step on volcanic stones or limestones which talk about faraway places. Listen to the stories on art and antic crafts, taking your time for particularities and enjoying the richness of slowness. And you’ll be accompanied by guides who have the ability to be passionate ‘narrators’.
The itinerary includes the areas of S. Pietro di Castello, Giardini, Arsenale and can be personalised according to the requests and interests of the participants.
- excursion by foot with a guide. Spoken languages: Italian, English or German.
- every Thursday afternoon (3-6 pm), till 24th September.
- pick-up: Venice, Imbarcadero ACTV Arsenale
- book: until 6 pm of the day before, at the Customer Care office of the campsite
- special prices for campsite guests (to be paid directly to the guide):
o adults: 12€
o children 5-12 years: 4€
o 0-4 years: free.