Bicycle excursion to Lio Piccolo
Dunes, vegetable gardens, lagoons and pink flamingos
We start from the small villages along the coast and continue in direction of Punta Sabbioni, we pass by the beach of Ca’Savio with its natural dunes and its coastal forests and we cross the geometrical vegetable gardens of Cavallino-Treporti, where they cultivate asparagus, salads, courgettes, tomatoes and aubergines.
After the bridge on the Canale di Pordelio, we enter in the area of Treporti. Canals and Sandbanks alternate with cultivated fields and single houses till Piazza del Prà, a lovely court with a beautiful manor house and an inside court.
Here the lagoon conquers definitely main land and the road winds along the edges of the valli da pesca till the ancient village of Lio Piccolo, surrounded by the water of the lagoon, immersed in the quietness which gets only interrupted by the sounds of the different types of birds. But the real attraction on place are the flamingos! Since a few years they have settled in the lagoon and have become very popular in Lio Piccolo where you can watch them easily.
The bicycle tour is very easy and all flat.
All you need to know
- Bicycle tour in partnership with Slow Venice, with an expert environmentalist. Languages spoken: Italian, English or German.
- every Wednesday morning (9 - 1 pm) and afternoon (2.15 pm - 6 pm), from 24th May to 13th September.
- pick-up: batteria Pisani Ca' Savio at 10 am (morning tour) and at 3.10 pm (afternoon tour)
- subscription: till 6 pm of the day before the excursion for the morning tour and 11 am of the same day for the afternoon tour, at the Customer Care at the campsite
- special prices for Camping Ca' Savio guests:
adults: 5€ instead of 15€
kids (years 6-12): 3€ instead of 5€
0-6 anni: free.
- bicycle and helmet rental are at your disposal on request and on payment.